What is a Commercial Kitchen Extraction System?
What Is A Commercial Kitchen Extraction System?
It is essential to have enough ventilation and extraction in every room in a commercial kitchen environment not least from a health and safety perspective. A commercial kitchen extraction system is there mainly to remove grease, heat and air impurities to the exterior of the premises. Further benefits to the commercial kitchen include: removing steam and dangerous gases such as carbon monoxide.
Having an efficient working commercial kitchen ventilation and extraction system is very important not just for the running of the kitchen but to also keep all staff and customers happy and safe.
Essential parts of a commercial extraction system:
- A stainless steel extractor hood canopy which contains filters to extract bad gases and impurities. Filters should be cleaned from time to time to ensure efficient filtering.
- Ducting helps to safely channel unwanted gases and impurities outside the premises. Extractor fans remove the fumes from the canopy hood and through the ducting. Ducting can contain grease filters and carbon filters.
- Commercial extractor fan.
By law, an extraction system has to be professionally installed and maintained, and failure to do things the right way can result in planning permissions being rejected.
Functions of a Commercial Kitchen Extraction System
There is always a risk of fire in a commercial kitchen and having an extraction system in place helps to protect the premises and people visiting and working there. Functions:
- To remove odours.
- To ensure the health and safety of staff and customers.
- To remove poisonous gases that are produced during cooking.
- To remove unwanted particles from the air.
Designing a Commercial Kitchen Extraction System
Designs can vary and so they are often custom made to suit the kitchen and the premises. A kitchen which is well designed will make sure of a comfortable and safe environment.
There is much to consider:
- Building works
- Kitchen and building layout
- Types of catering equipment
- Fuel to be used (eg gas, electric, charcoal)
- Air quality
- The correct position of extraction services
- The correct position and layouts
- The correct position of routes
Also to consider:
- Noise suppression systems
- Gas safety interlock systems
- Replacement air systems
- Monitoring levels of carbon dioxide
- Extractor canopy
- Extractor ducting
- Extractor canopy filters
- Extractor canopy lighting
- Discharge cowls and louvres
- Speed controllers and fan power monitoring systems
- Systems for odour control
- Carbon filtration
- Fan boxes and commercial extractor fans
Schedule time to clean up
Regular general cleaning and deep cleaning of the canopy, the fan, the duct and the filter, will help to remove build up of grease and oil and will help to maintain the equipment you have:
- For a heavy use kitchen: clean the extraction twice each week and deep clean every 3 months.
- For a moderately used kitchen: clean once per week and deep cleaned every 6 to 9 months.
- Light use: clean once a week and deep clean once a year.
Not cleaning your commercial extraction system for a long period of time will mean it won’t be working efficiently so it could pose a health threat to workers and customers. Be ready for Health and Safety inspections, because any issues can result in fines or closure.
FAN SERVICES LTD LONDON
We help commercial kitchen establishments including:
Fast Food chains and independents
Limited companies and self employed
Sports Event providers
Fan Services Ltd provides the following services:
- Supply and install commercial Extraction and Ventilation systems.
- Commercial extractor hood canopy installation and repair.
- Commercial extractor fan installation, repair, and upgrade.
- Kitchen ventilation maintenance and repair
- Odour Control and noise control.
- Ductwork installation and professional cleaning services.
- Supply air systems and air intake replacement.
We have now relocated Fan Services Ltd head office from South East London to the City of London:
Fan Services Ltd continues to provide service for all boroughs of London.
2-3 Coleridge Gardens
0203 539 1475
Fan Services Ltd Can Help You!
Fan Services Ltd is a specialist for London. Repairing, installing and designing commercial extractor fan systems. We also provide maintenance and servicing for all commercial food places such as restaurants and cafes.
Fan Services Ltd is long established and we are based in the City of London in the UK. We will get your kitchen up and running quickly if you are having any problems! …24/7, we provide services for City of London, Inner London and Outer London.
We can help you by looking at what your needs are, and seeing which solution will fit those needs best. We create, install and maintain commercial kitchen extraction systems.
Our Emergency Call Out Service is available 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Don’t take any short cuts with your kitchen or your livelihood. We understand what is needed and we have a right first time approach to everything we do.
Get in touch we’d love to help. You can also use our contact form – it’s quick and easy to fill out. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office in London 0203 5391475 / mobile phone 0759 500 3000 to discuss your requirements. Contact us for a free to see what we can provide for you.