Extraction and Ventilation Systems – Troubleshooting Tips
Being a local restaurant owner (this also applies if you own cafes, pubs, takeaways, industrial kitchens) you already appreciate that a well oiled commercial kitchen extraction and ventilation system is critical to maintaining a safe and more easy to work in, working environment.
Problems can still occur, and this can affect the overall efficiency of your system thus putting your kitchen staff and clientele at risk. Here are some problems you might face and some tips on how you can start to troubleshoot various issues in your kitchen:
Poor kitchen ventilation
Being poorly ventilated is a common issue. Factors affecting a poorly ventilated commercial kitchen include:
- a clogged or dirty filter
- malfunctioning fan
- inadequate ductwork.
- Check the filters and replace them if need be.
- Is your kitchen extractor fan working properly? You may need to consider a repair or a replacement.
- To be on the safe side you may want to have a professional engineer check all of your kitchen ducting. Everything should be properly installed and sized in accordance to regulations.
Excessive fan and ducting noise
Excessive noise is another common issue. This can be caused by various factors:
- a loose or damaged fan
- inadequate insulation
- poorly designed ductwork.
- First check your extractor fan and tightening anything you can access that might be obviously loose.
- Add insulation to your ductwork to help absorb sound, if you haven’t already got this in place.
If you are still experiencing problems where the excessive noise continues, ask a professional engineer to make a thorough assessment, so they can find and fix the problem for you.
Inefficient ventilation and poorly designed kitchen
When your commercial kitchen extraction and ventilation systems isn’t ventilated sufficiently this can lead to problems such as:
- ductwork which is sized incorrectly
- an underpowered fan
- a ventilation system which is not designed very well.
- begin by checking the size of the fan and the ducting – are they the right size for your kitchen?
- Consider upgrading your commercial extractor fan to a more powerful model
- Think about adjusting the actual ventilation system layout – the aim is to improve the airflow.
Poor air quality
Another common problem you might be having is poor air quality. This can be caused by:
- a dirty clogged filter
- not enough ventilation
- toxic chemicals or cleaning products have been used
- thoroughly check the filters, and replace them if required
- Consider increasing the amount of ventilation to your kitchen
- Further to the previous point: give consideration to switching to less toxic cleaning products and solutions and you will reduce pollutants in the air.
Keep your commercial kitchen extraction and ventilation system running smoothly.
In summary and to conclude, you can see that numerous problems can occur at any time. If you are not an engineer you may need help to troubleshoot & fix problems like those mentioned. The smooth running of your commercial kitchen is essential so you can ensure your kitchen staff and customers can attend your premises safely. If you can’t troubleshoot yourself, consult with Fan Services Ltd extraction and ventilation system professionals in London.
Helping commercial kitchen establishments across London:
- Fast Food chains and independents
- Dark kitchens
- Limited companies and self employed
- Sports Event providers
Fan Services Ltd services include:
- Supply, design & install of Commercial Extraction and Ventilation systems.
- Commercial extractor hood canopy installation and repair.
- Commercial extractor fan installation, repair, and upgrade.
- Kitchen ventilation maintenance and repair
- Noise Control & Odour Control.
- Ductwork installation and professional cleaning services.
- Supply air systems and air intake replacement.
Fan Services London 0203 539 1475
Fan Services Ltd. is a specialist for all London companies that rely on commercial kitchens. We work on business extractor fan systems every day, fixing, installing, and maintaining them. Also, we offer servicing for all commercial dining establishments like cafés and restaurants.
Fan Services Ltd. has a lengthy history and is situated in the UK’s City of London. If you have any issues, we’ll immediately get your kitchen working again! … We offer services for the City of London, Inner London, and Outer London round-the-clock.
We will assist you by assessing your needs and determining the best solution to meet them. To the highest standards, we design, install, and maintain commercial kitchen exhaust systems.
Contact us; we’d be happy to assist you. You can also use our hassle-free and speedy contact form. To discuss your needs, you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our London head office at 0203 539 1475 or our out of hours number at 0759 500 3000. To learn more about the services we may offer you.
Our emergency call out service is accessible every day of the week, 24 hours a day. Don’t cut corners when it comes to your kitchen or your job. We know what is required and we approach everything we do with a correct first time mentality.